Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Addicted...

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Tuesday, June 22, 2010
to cupcakes! I’ve been trying to think of ways that I could use more props in my photos. I’ve been making tons of cupcake cards lately and I figured, what would be a better prop to use with a cupcake card than a real cupcake?

So I went down the street on my lunch break to “Cupcakes”. For those of you who don’t live in and around Vancouver, BC, Cupcakes is a shop that sells the most adorable (and not to mention, delicious!) cupcakes. They’ve opened multiple locations over the past 5 years. They even have a show on TV called “Cupcake Girls”. I just LOVE their shops!

I picked up a 12 package of mini-cupcakes and 1 regular-size. It was just my luck that the icing on my full size cupcake got squashed by the box but that’s ok. It’ll still be yummy. I couldn’t use it in my photos though.

Here are some photos that I took of one of my cupcake cards last night. I practically inhaled all of the mini cupcakes after my little photo shoot…with my boyfriend’s help of course! :P



About this card:

Currently, my favourite thing to do on cupcake cards is to put glitter over the icing part. It just kicks it up a notch. This card uses some Stampin up DSP and a couple of the in colors that are still available until the end of this month. Bermuda Bay will be discontinued starting July 1st, and Melon Mambo is being integrated into the core colors.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to come back tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010