Friday, June 4, 2010

Feature Friday - Sarah

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Friday, June 04, 2010
For today's Feature Friday, I'd like to introduce Sarah, owner of Joyfully Sewn Designs. When I first saw Sarah's shop on Etsy, I knew I just had to feature her on my blog!


Introduction - Tell us about yourself:
My name is Sarah. I live in SW Missouri with my parents and my younger sister. I was homeschooled all of my life, and have always enjoyed crafts. My sewing skills were taught to me by a good friend who was teaching her daughter to sew and by my Grandma. Grandma sewed a lot of dresses for my sister and I as we were growing up. She seems to always be sewing things for other people, and I've learned the joy not only of sewing, but also of blessing others with my sewing skills from her.

How did you get started?
I've been doing custom sewing for families in our area (and a few long distance customers) for the past 10 years. I stared out just sewing a few things for friends, but soon most of my spare time was spent sewing things for others. Last fall I decided to branch out and try selling online. I really had no idea what I was doing, but it's been a fun adventure so far. :)


Besides crafting, what else do you do? What are your other interests?
When I'm not sewing, I love cooking and baking, spending time with my family, and reading. I enjoy spending time out in God's beautiful creation, and I love spending time with children.


What is the most exciting thing that has happened since you've started?
Probably the most fun thing that's happened since I started my Etsy shop was the lady who discovered my shop by finding one of my business cards in the book return bin at the library where she works! She got on my site and ordered a skirt for her daughter right away!

Do you sell in any shops locally?
I don't sell in any local shops at the moment, but I am continuing to sew for my local customers - I guess I'm more of a personal seamstress.


Etsy Shop:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010