Friday, May 14, 2010

Choo Choo!

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Friday, May 14, 2010


Have you seen the birthday train? This is by far my favourite card I’ve ever made! It’s great for all ages. I used a pink crystal as the cherry on the cupcake, for a little extra detail.



Did you notice the clouds? They were made using liquid appliqué. Liquid appliqué comes in a squeeze pen (similar to glitter pens). What I did was, I made the shape of clouds using the liquid appliqué pen and I waited for it to dry. The package advises 24 hours, but depending on how thick it’s been applied, you can wait as little as a couple hours. You do want it to be completely dry though. After it’s dry, use a heat tool just as you would if you were embossing. The liquid appliqué puff up. Make sure you don’t heat it up too much as the newly formed puff might burn.

Leave a comment below and let me know what you think about my new card!

1 comments:

Anna K. on May 17, 2010 11:20 AM said...

Love the puffy clouds!

Great card!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010