Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF!!

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Friday, April 23, 2010
It’s been a busy week and I’m so glad it’s Friday! I’ve been working on Mother’s Day cards lately. This card was inspired by the cherry blossoms that line the streets near my house.


The stamp set that I used is called “Eastern Blooms” from Stampin’ Up!. I’m so glad that I invested in the stampin write markers. They were perfect for the cherry blossom branch stamp.

I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo, Apricot Appeal and Perfect Plum, and then I cut them out individually. I adhered the flowers on the stamped branch with foam dimensionals for a raised look. I also used my fingers to curl the petals of the larger flowers backwards.


I’ve been trying to make the inside of my cards more decorative so I put a little purple flower in the bottom corner. The “Happy Mother’s Day” stamp is from the “Messages for Mom” set that was in the most recent occasions catalog.


I think that this is a great card that captures the feeling of nice weather in the Spring.

This card is also available for purchase in my Etsy shop. You’ll find the link in the sidebar on the right or the in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a great day!
-Ashley

4 comments:

Darla on May 14, 2010 12:25 PM said...

Hi Ashley - I'm your first follower - Woo Hoo!

I absolutely love this card. Too bad I didn't see it in advance of Mother's Day. It's gorgeous. I'll be keeping an eye on your products - btw, I'm a buyer...not a creator of beautiful things.

Darla
PS - do you know Tara from Chilliwack - Stampin' Up!

Ashley Spencer on May 17, 2010 8:40 AM said...

Hi Darla - Thanks for the follow and your kind words!

I don't know Tara from Chilliwack.

Cheers,
Ashley

Anna K. on May 17, 2010 11:19 AM said...

Great technique! Found you in the Etsy forums! Lovely little blog you've started here!

Giftbearer on May 18, 2010 8:18 PM said...

Very unique designs! I like the 3-D in them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010