Friday, May 28, 2010

Feature Friday - Tanya

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Friday, May 28, 2010
For my second Feature Friday, I'd like to introduce Tanya, owner of CVC Designs. She creates beautiful cards and party invitations.




Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Tanya. I was born and raised in Vancouver, BC. I have a 2 year old son and I'm a stay at home mom.

How did you get started?
I used to dread going to the greeting card stores to pick out that perfect card for someone's birthday, anniversary etc. I always left with a card I wasn't crazy about but I needed. I started making my own cards to give to friends and family. It wasn't until my Dad gave me the same birthday card twice, that I thought there was a need for handmade cards. With my husband's support, I started CVC Designs. I named the business after my son and husband.

Tanya's workspace:


What is the most exciting thing that has happened since you've started?
The most exciting thing that's happened to me since I've started was receiving birthday party invitation orders. I've wanted to get into party invitations and with help of a close friend of mine, it's happened! My next goal is to design wedding invitations.

Which card is your favourite?

What advice would you give someone new to Etsy?
I have had a few sales on Etsy but I'm relatively new. I think the best advice I could give someone is to not to get discouraged if you are not selling as much as you expected. Keep your shop current with a few product listings everyday. This will keep your shop within the first several pages. Sign up for the Etsy Success Newsletters. They provide a wealth of information.

Contact info: (blog, twitter, website, Facebook, e-mail, Etsy?)
Website
http://www.cvcdesigns.ca/

Etsy
http://www.cvcdesigns.etsy.com/

Blog
http://www.cvcdesigns.blogspot.com/

Twitter
www.twitter.com/cvcdesigns

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010