Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Posted by Ashley Spencer at Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Needless to say, I haven't been able to post every day. I can't believe that this is my only my second post. It's been crazy busy for me lately, so if you could just bear with me until after the holidays I should be able to get things under control.

This past Saturday, I helped put on our company's Breakfast with Santa Party for the kids. It was A LOT of work, but in the end everyone had a blast!

Some of you may know that I have two rabbits, Royce and Abby. When I got home from the party, I noticed that Royce was sneezing frequently. Rabbits don't sneeze very often and I was getting worried...ok, I was actually panicing, but only because my last rabbit had similar symptoms and eventually it turned into pneumonia. I decided to keep an eye on him overnight and then to take him to the vet on Sunday if he didn't get any better. That night, he was sneezing so frequently and so hard that he kept me up most of the night. That's when I knew it was serious. I called the vet on Sunday morning and they couldn't squeeze me in. I ended up driving an hour in the snow to get to another rabbit savy vet. Over all the whole vet trip took about 4 hours from start to finish. Royce is now on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and he has a follow up appointment this Sunday. For now, to prevent Abby from catching the same illness they can no longer live in the same cage. Abby is now set up in the kitchen due to her recent escape from her pen this morning.

Here is a picture of the two little ones from a couple months ago:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Touché Designs Copyright © 2010